Yesterday, I was searching for linky parties to join in order to make a few new friends on the blogosphere. This can be a lonely place and it’s about time I start making friends. Even though this is a blog about healing emotional pain, we have to have a bit of fun as well.
So, my first linky party is Wednesday Hodgepodge. I hop you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.
Here are the questions Joyce wanted us to answer today. My responses are in Purple.
1. I read here four creative activities to try this month. They were-calligraphy, make your own cookbook, dance or learn a new type of dance, and letter writing. Which activity on the list appeals to you most? Letter writing. Will you add it to your August? I used to write letters to my husband every day when we lived apart. I moved for a new job and he and the children followed a few months later. It would be nice to write him a letter or two before the month is out.
2. Bertrand Russell is quoted as saying, ‘To be without some of the things you want is an indispensable part of happiness.‘ Agree or disagree? Agreed. Explain. If people were to have everything they wanted, they would never know what it is to be unhappy. Without knowing what it is to be unhappy, you will never know true happiness. There is nothing to compare it to.
3. August 17th is National Thriftshop Day…are you a ‘thrifter’? Yes. If so, tell us about one of your best or favorite finds. My favorite find EVER was a mini washing machine. We would use it to wash things that the kids needed last minute because they didn’t remember the night before. We would also soak things that we didn’t want to tie up the large washer. When it broke, I shed a tear.
4. On a scale of 1-10 (with 1= almost none and 10=loads) how would you rate your sense of wanderlust? 3 What kicks your wanderlust into high gear? Maybe in a year or so, I will start to feel antsy and think about traveling. My husband just had a kidney transplant and for health reasons, he isn’t able to travel yet. Oh, but when he is clear, all it takes is a glance at the travel channel I we will be gone with the wind.
5. Has life felt more like a marathon or sprint so far this month? Is it possible to be both? That’s how it feels to me right now. How so? In some areas like work and getting my business up and running, it feels like a marathon. Life in general feels like a sprint.
6. What do you need to get a jump on before fall officially arrives? I am planning a telesummit in November and I need to start planning and scheduling the speakers. The theme is 30 days of Thankfulness. If you would like to join, click here to sign up.
7. What’s the last thing you did with friends or family where you lost track of time? Over this last weekend my family traveled to visit my parents and helped my father with yard work. We lost track of time while talking and working.
8. Insert your own random thought here. – This has been my first linky party since I started this blog and it has been so much fun. The questions helped me to think and reflect on things in my life. I hope to make this a habit.
I hope you enjoyed my responses to the questions Joyce asked. Please come back again to read my other posts.
Have a Wonderful Wednesday.
Certified Life & Relationship Coach
Sophia Antoine is a Certified Life and Relationship Coach. She specializes in assisting women to work through past emotional pain. It is her dream to reach women all over the world to encourage them to have a peaceful present and a fruitful future. Sophia was also the sole caregiver for her husband throughout his battle with End Stage Renal Failure. Sophia also cares for her elderly father as he battles cancer. She provides support for family caregivers through blog posts, Periscope broadcasts, and other social media outlets as they are often left feeling alone, depression, and dejected due to their perception of their situation. Sophia is also a speaker and is available to be booked for live and virtual engagements. Sophia resides in South Florida with her husband, Bradley Antoine and three children.